As a parent, you want to make sure that your home is the safest place for your children to live. You want your house always to look fresh and clean up to the smallest part.
However, what if your peaceful home becomes a breeding ground for dangerous molds? What should you do?
Having the right knowledge about the effects of mold exposure is necessary during this period. Molds can grow anywhere, even in hidden areas. They can develop inside air ducts, drywall, wood, carpets, paper, or any place where moisture is present.
Harmful Effects of Molds on Children’s Health
Babies and little children have developing immune systems, which means they are at always at risk when it comes to mold exposure. You need to know that the sickness associated with molds are common among babies and children. You may not be able to notice these symptoms until it’s too late.
Below are some of the harmful effects that molds can bring to babies and children.
· Allergic Reactions
If you see your baby or child sneezing, coughing, or with a runny nose, these are all signs of mold allergy. Your child could also experience rashes and skin irritation. If you have mold present at home, you need to inform your pediatrician right away to give the proper instructions.
· Respiratory Problems
When there is mold growth due to water damage in the home, you kids can develop the following respiratory problems.
1. Croup- It is an inflammation of the larynx, trachea, and bronchi.
2. Pneumonia- It is an inflammation of the lung tissue. Children affected will experience some fever, chills, cough, and difficulty in breathing.
3. Bronchitis- It is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes. Your child could experience dry coughing, noisy breathing, and vomiting.
· Gastrointestinal Issues
When your child is exposed to mold, it can lead to digestive tract’s problems. Your child can suffer from diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea. They can also lose their appetite and the possibility of bleeding in the intestinal tract and intestinal cramping.
What to Do When Your Child is Exposed to Mold?
1. If you think that your child is sick due to mold exposure, you need to see a doctor right away. A pediatrician can order the necessary test to confirm the cause of your kid’s illness.
2. If your child is continuously suffering from the same reason, then molds are the probable cause. Stay in a mold-free household and see if your child starts to get better.
3. While your child is away, call professional mold experts to conduct a mold inspection Tampa. While you may spot mold on your own, experts have the necessary experience to handle molds properly.
4. Improve the air quality inside your home. It will significantly help in removing mold spores.
Keeping your children safe is your top priority as a parent. Molds bring harmful effects on your kids’ health. That’s why investing in a professional mold inspection company is nee